The Catalyst is the sustainable canoe paddle, made by hand-laying first quality wood scraps, dedicated to the reuse of excess materials.
- Handcrafted from a combination of basswood, roasted basswood, red alder, and maple remnants from our first quality paddles
- $5 from every paddle sold will be donated to American Rivers non-profit
- The construction of the wood remnants means each blade layout is slightly unique
- At 24 oz., the Catalyst is day trip ready and ideal for flatwater.
- Designed for comfort with an ovalized shaft and a freestyle palm grip, this lightweight paddle will stand up to hours of paddling.
- The Catalyst exceeds our strength testing standards with full Rockgard® coverage and a 4 oz. fiberglass wrap.
Shaft Material: Solid Basswood
Blade Material: A combination of Basswood, Red Alder, Maple, and Roasted Basswood
Blade Size: 8.1 x 19 in. (21 x 48 cm.)
Blade Surface Area: 118 sq. in. (761 sq. cm.)
Grip Type: Freestyle Palm Grip
Weight: 24 oz. (680 g)
Due to the varied density of wood, all canoe paddles could have a +/– 10% variance in weight.
Paddle weight is based on 54 inch measurements for straight shafts and 50 inch measurements for bent shafts.
Bending Branches paddles are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase.